ESXi : How to enable ssh?
Enable SSH on the ESXi
- At the console of the ESXi host, press <ALT> + <F1> to enter the console window The screen should change to one without command prompt
- Enter “unsupported” in the console and hit <Enter>.
- Enter “vi /etc/inetd.conf” to edit the configuration file
- Uncomment the lines that starts with “#ssh” to enable ssh Note: There are 2 lines that starts with #ssh, one for IPv4 and one for IPv4. So uncomment the one that is suitable for your environment
- Save the file (/etc/inetd.conf)
- Enter “/sbin/services.sh restart” to restart the management services to start SSH